RV park, cabins and historic café on scenic NM 53 — The Ancient Way.
Nestled among the pines at the base of San Lorenzo Mesa, the El Morro RV Park and Mountain Cabin Rental is the perfect spot from which to explore the fabled Seven Cities of Cibola. The Ancient Way Cafe is a unique place to enjoy a slow cooked breakfast or lunch made and served with love. On Friday and Saturday evenings gourmet dinners are limited to one special dish planned and prepared by our chefs with a different theme each week.
We offer furnished cabins, full-hookup RV sites, tent sites and great food. FREE WiFi and clean showers. Located on New Mexico Highway 53 (The Ancient Way Scenic Byway) between Grants and Ramah.
One mile west of El Morro RV Park and Cabins lies El Morro National Monument and the landmark Inscription Rock. El Morro, “the headland,” shelters a year-round pool at its base. As a way station of an ancient trade route, the cool waters have enticed travelers to stop and rest since prehistoric times.
We invite you to explore the prehistoric ruins, lava flows, redrock mesas and Native American arts and crafts found in this unique corner of New Mexico. Warm, sunny days and cool nights create the perfect atmosphere for hiking, biking, birding, fishing or peaceful rest and relaxation.
Here are a few suggestions for your stay:
- Hike to the top of San Lorenzo Mesa for a stunning view of El Morro and the Zuni Mountains.
- Shop at the Ramah Farmer’s Market for fresh, locally grown produce, crafts and delicious baked goods.
- Immerse yourself in Native American culture at a pow-wow or arts and crafts festival in Zuni or Gallup.
- Peruse the current exhibit or take in a play or concert across the street at the Old School Gallery.
- Explore El Morro National Monument and try your hand at deciphering the ancient petroglyphs and other messages etched in stone.
- Sit quietly under a tall juniper or piñon pine and let nature come to you.